Skip to content
Scroll to Top
Our Terms & Conditions
- Linby Dog Grooming groom by appointment only but we try to accommodate most requests.
- When booking your appointment, you will be asked several questions to help determine how long the appointment will need to be.
- Our guide prices are based on the time taken to groom a well-behaved dog that is groomed regularly and with their coat in good condition.
- Please supply a current mobile telephone number as reminder texts will be sent out.
- Please ensure you arrive on time for your appointment, arriving late may incur a late fee. Arriving more than 15 minutes after your appointment time may result in your appointment being cancelled and a full charge being taken.
- If you cannot keep your appointment please provide 24 hours’ notice, last minute cancellations will require full payment.
- Please ensure that your dog has had chance to exercise and toilet before arriving for your appointment.
- We reserve the right to refuse to groom any dog that displays aggressive behaviour.
- If a dog’s coat is severely matted we will only attempt to de-matt the coat for a maximum of 20 minutes in accordance with the Animal Welfare Act 2006. We reserve the right to perform a complete clip off of the dog’s coat if the matting is severe enough.
- If a complete clip off needs to be performed we will try to notify you before doing so. However, if we cannot contact you and we believe the clip off is necessary on welfare grounds we will still undertake to clip off the coat and hold no responsibility for the style not being as approved or from any common reactions such as clipper rash which can happen with close shaves.
- Severely matted dogs will incur additional charges for de-matting and/or clipping off the coat. These charges will vary dependant on the time taken for the procedure but can range from £5 to £35.
- We reserve the right to refuse to groom any dog that we deem too severely matted to safely carry out a clip off of the coat.
- It is the owners responsibility to disclose any information about any allergies and/or skin conditions.
- We will not be held responsible for any irritation, patchiness, abrasions or hair loss that may arise due to the grooming process.
- If you fail to disclose information regarding any physical and/or medical conditions (such as elbow or hip dysplasia, epilepsy etc.) We will not be held responsible for any injury incurred during the grooming process.
- We will not subject any dog to unacceptable levels of stress. If during the grooming process your dog finds any part of the grooming process too stressful that part will not be completed. If we cannot complete the groom price reductions may be implemented.
- If your dog requires urgent medical attention while in our care, we reserve the right to seek veterinary attention, any fees incurred will be payable by the dog’s owner.
- A collection time will be agreed with you when you leave your dog with us. Please contact us if you are going to be late. Failure to collect your dog at the arranged time, or notify us that you will be late, may incur a holding fee.
- All dogs must be collected within the normal operating times. If a dog is not collected within business hours and contact with an owner cannot be made, we will deem the animal abandoned and contact the dog warden for guidance on how to proceed.
- We operate a 24 hour correction policy where we will modify a groom at a customers request, free of charge. After this period, a fee will be payable.
- Complaints are rare but if the need arises, we ask you to contact the salon directly within 24 hours of your groom who will help to directly resolve any issues if possible. If the salon cannot resolve satisfactorily, we ask that complaints about any aspect of our service must be made in writing a maximum of 14 days following the use of the service. An investigation of any complaint will follow and management will address any concerns raised on an individual basis, hopefully reaching a satisfactory outcome for all parties. Complaints raised after this 14 day period are judged to have deliberately hindered the investigation process, limiting access to paperwork, CCTV and staff recollection. Therefore, complaints after this period will be dealt this in line with legal requirement.
- At Linby Dog Grooming we take your privacy seriously and will only use the information you supply to administer your account with us. Due to the nature of our service we do require some personal information such as, your name, address and contact information. This will be stored in line with the Data Protection guidelines and is to ensure we can provide the best possible service to you and to ensure we can contact you in case of an emergency. By using our services you give permission, to collect, use and handle your personal data in relation to, and for the purpose of, your dog’s grooming appointments, in accordance with GDPR Guidelines but also for the purpose of marketing, services and/or products that may be of interest. Contact maybe made by phone, text, email or post.
- Muzzles, buster collars, leads and other training aids/restraint equipment will be used at the discretion of Linby Dog Grooming employees. They will only be used when deemed necessary by an employee for the welfare of people and pets.
- Photographs and videos of dogs in our care may be used in promotional material or posted to social media sites such as instagram, Twitter and Facebook. By using our services you accept and authorise all use.
- Linby Dog Grooming holds appropriate insurance however, it is not exhaustive and we recommend all dogs are insured adequately to protect them and people handling them.
- Linby Dog Grooming uses CCTV cameras which are for the purpose of crime prevention and internal use only, Footage from the cameras is strictly prohibited from being distributed and requests to view will be denied (without legal requirement).
- Sadly animals can pass away from natural causes and death can be unexpected in any animal. Should an animal decease in our care, we will follow owner wishes. For business protection, we will gather evidence of the animals care through CCTV, photographs and witness description in order to Linby Dog Grooming against claims. Linby Dog Grooming accepts no liability for injury or death of any animal in our care unless proven through our negligence and then it is limited to the animals purchase value (£2000 cap). Therefore, our insurance company does not cover costs associated with deceased animals and we advise you take your own insurance.
- Exceptions to any Term and Condition can be made at a Managers discretion only.
- We will not accept bullying/abuse of any of our team and should incident occur, customers will be asked to leave and not return. Suitable authorities will be informed of actions deemed threatening and appropriate action taken.
Dog Grooming by Student Groomers
- All the above conditions for Dog Grooming apply, dog grooms undertaken by a student groomer will be charged at a discounted price.
- All dog models will be required to stick to a regular grooming pattern outlined by the course tutor, repeat appointments will be arranged by the tutor and sent via text message.
- Whilst we strive for a high professional finish each time, we ask that you be mindful that students are learning and, in some cases, have only been grooming a few days. Therefore, perfection maybe difficult to obtain.
- Students and dog models will be supervised by a tutor.
- The dog’s welfare is our number one priority and styling decisions will be made according to this (i.e. a shorter clip if the dog is very matted.) However, your style preferences will be discussed when you drop your dog off at the salon.
- Students need more time to complete each dog groom, dogs should be dropped off before 9.30am and collected at the time provided.
- It remains the owner’s responsibility to maintain good coat condition In between grooming appointments.